Bilateral Gynecomastia: Let harmful habits not harm you
Bilateral Gynecomastia is embarrassing but you do not have to live with it forever. Science has progressed over the years and there is a solution for every problem. Even Gynecomastia has a solution. The solution is the surgery that you will have to undergo and you will be free of this embarrassment for life.Before jumping into the surgical room, it is important to understand the causes of this problem.
Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Massive weight loss: Weight loss is a boon, but sometimes massive weight loss causes the body muscles to sag. That is one of the side effects of weight loss. Saggy breast tissue can be the cause of gynecomastia. Although, it can be corrected with chest exercise but all men are not that lucky. Surgery is the best remedy for it.
- Using of steroids: Many body builders still continue to use steroids. It has many health hazards and has been banned everywhere. Due to use of steroids, many men develop pectoral fats. Steroids are well known for causing bilateral gynecomastia.
- Alcohol: Alcohol in limit is fine but too much of alcohol consumption can cause gynecomastia.
- Marijuana: Smoking Marijuana for a long period of time and consistently is known to cause man boobs. It has also other health hazards.
- Medications: Some medications have side effects. Medicines such as aspirins have shown to create increased male breast growth.
- Estrogen: It has been seen that man who have enlarged boobs have high level of estrogen in their bodies. High level of it might be the cause of Bilateral Gynecomastia. Some men develop man boobs during their teens but that seem to fade away after reaching a certain age. For some men the problem still persists and the surgery is the best option.
Before jumping into any conclusion, it is best to consult a surgeon. A surgeon will be able to give better insight to the problem. The surgery is discussed here, how it is performed. It will give the patients confidence to undertake the surgery. The procedure of Bilateral Gynecomastia Surgery starts with removing of extra breast tissue from the nipple area. The glands near the breast are cut and are permanently removed. In case of puffy nipples, the surgery will even correct that. Boys who have somewhat large areolas, the surgeon will make them smaller with the surgery.
Another solution is avoiding the harmful habits as soon as possible.